Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Boston Marathon 2019

The Boston Marathon is a special kind of special.

I understand it is obnoxiously-Bostonian to describe the race like no other marathon in the world. But yesterday was pure insanity. I’ve never been in so much pain ever. I’ve never loved or embraced that same pain with more vigor. My heart is completely filled while my legs are empty and withered. My whole being needs yesterday again.

For the last 11 miles I danced ever so delicately with the two most extreme feelings of my imagination:
The feeling that nothing on earth could stop me.
And the feeling that nothing on earth could force my legs to move faster. 

My legs were were smashed into a million pieces despite the day being perfect. I lined up at the starting line feeling as fit and light as I’ve ever felt. I didn’t have any lingering negativity and I was ready as ever. My legs felt so powerful. I even held a more controlled pace for the treacherous first six miles. Yet, by Mile 15 I’ve never wanted to give up on anything more. My body screamed in pure agony. Somehow my heart kept smiling with a gleam of strength.

I don’t quite know yet why I couldn’t hold the pace I was aiming for. But I also don’t care. The Boston Marathon forces you to show up. And I’ve never been more pleased or proud of myself for showing up like I did yesterday. I can’t believe how much pain I was in and I have no idea what kept the smile on my face despite it all. 

A runner came up next to me and we ran the last mile in a painful and silently acknowledged misery stride for stride, each with an invisible lasso of pure will and encouragement around the other. My vision went blurry the moment I crossed the finish line and I ended up in the medical tent borderline hypothermic.

We line things up as perfectly as we can. We strive for excellence and execute the plan to the tiniest detail, but when race Monday arrives you have to assume that this course and this city will test your spirit in ways that you could never dream of. The Boston Marathon has an unsuspecting and inexplicable element of mystery that leaves you absolutely wrecked. But begging for more. I wouldn’t change a thing about yesterday even for a better finish time.







2 comments:

  1. I am Shelley from Los Angeles,California, I want to testify on how i got cured from stroke, I have suffered from stroke since the year 2011 with so mush pain,that i have to spend so mush money getting pain relief in the hospital, and I have visited several doctor ,but all to no avail, my world was gradually coming to an end because of the Difficulty speaking and pain , until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal Dr Williams who use herbal portion in curing people from different kind of diseases including stroke, at first i doubted if it we be able to cure me, but i decided to give it a try, when i contacted this herbal doctor via his email, he prepared a herbal portion and sent it to me via courier service, when i received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, i was completely free from stroke just for 1 months of usage,i we recommend this to all my friend family in the world today who still suffering from stroke you can contact him through his email on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Actually Good to Read the Content of This Blog. Here is Very General and the Huge Knowledgeable Platform Has Been Known by This Blog. I, in Reality, Appreciate This Blog to Learn More About This Topic. Free Robux Giver for Roblox

    ReplyDelete